This gallery contains 1 photo.
I love dining and Paris is one of the best cities in France for French cuisine. It’s also great for Vietnamese and other international cuisines. I have a curated list of the best and latest restaurants in Paris. It includes … Continue reading
This gallery contains 3 photos.
NOTE: contact theTRAVELER if you are interested in staying at this hotel as I can get you 10% off the lowest internet rate. This offer is good until 12/15/12. Looking for a great, reasonably priced hotel in Playa del Carmen? When … Continue reading
This gallery contains 2 photos.
Planning a trip to Mexico? Here are some tips: Don’t try to see too much! Too many people hop from one city to another after one or two nights. It’s exhausting, stressful and it doesn’t give you a good sense of … Continue reading
This gallery contains 4 photos.
Philadelphia is a fun city with an excellent restaurant scene. This past weekend, my friend Vanessa and I drove up to Philly for a quick tour of the city. It had been many years since I visited the City of … Continue reading
This gallery contains 6 photos.
Love staying in a design hotel on a gorgeous beach? I do as well – and recently did so – at the Papaya Playa Project Hotel (PPP) – a renovated, cabana style hotel on the beach in Tulum, Mexico. The … Continue reading
Climbing the Pyramid at Coba
As anyone who has visited the Riviera Maya can verify, there is must to see and do in this region in Mexico. While most people visit this area for it’s gorgeous beaches, there are plenty of other things to do in the Riviera Maya.
Here is a small sample (contact me for a complete list):
- Sun on a beach – swim in spectacular beaches all along the Riviera Maya. My favorite beaches are in Playa del Carmen and Tulum (especially the beach at Tulum Ruins). Akumal is reputed to have some nice beaches.
- Cenotes – swim in one of the many cenotes (underground, water filled caves) dotted in the area. I swam at Tancach-Ha located near Coba ruins. There is nothing like swimming in the crystal clear water of a cave. Here are some other cenotes worth trying: Dos Ojos & Grand Cenote.
- See a Mayan Ruin – Visit Chichen Itza, Coba or Tulum. All are spectacular in their own way.
- Take a yoga class – This is very easy to do in the Riviera Maya – especially in Tulum.
What would you add to this list? Comment below or contact me via email. Thanks!
Shopping in Playa del Carmen
Kiteboarding in Tulum
Posted in Beaches, Mexico, Uncategorized
Tagged Beaches, cenotes, dos ojos, Kiteboarding, mexican folk dances, Mexico, Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Ruins, shopping, snorkeling, theme parks, Tulum, tulum ruins
Fish Cevice Tacos at Canibal Royal Beach Club
Playa del Carmen has a plethora of excellent Mexican restaurants and cafes. Because it’s popular with Argentines, Americans, Italians and other foreigners living in Playa, it also has some superb, authentic, non-Mexican options. Finding a great restaurant is not hard if you talk to the locals. They will be happy to direct you to the right place for Tacos al Pastor, Arrachera or that Pan de Pasas that you haven craving…
Here is a small sample of my favorite restaurants and cafes in Playa (contact me for a complete list):
- Pachamama – This restaurant on 5th avenue serves up fresh and healthy Mexican fare with a twist. Try the excellent Strawberry Salad (strawberries, arugula and prosciutto) and the Vegetable Lasagne. Great margaritas. $$
- HC de Monterrey – Mexican restaurant specializing in Arrachera and other grilled meats. One of my faves in Playa. $
- Ah Cacao! – Come to this cafe for excellent Mexican coffees and chocolates. Try their 100% cacao chocolate bar with raisins and almonds and no added sugar. Amazing! $
- Live in Playa del Carmen or visited the city recently? If so, what restaurants would you add to this list? Comment below. Thanks!
Strawberry Salad (strawberries, arugula and prosciutto)
Arrachera (marinated, grilled flank steak) with grilled onion and jalapeño, avocado and "Superior" beer at HC de Monterey.
Basil-On (Rum, purple basil and sour mix) at Canibal Royal Beach Club