Getting a fast food, healthy meal is easy in Washington, DC. The following are my top five, fast food joints in DC (they are not in any particular order):
- Chipotle – Excellent Tex-Mex food including tacos, burritos and salads. Chipotle uses pork, chicken and beef that has not been injected with hormones. I love their Burrito bowl with brown rice and carnitas.
- Chop’t – Excellent salads. Try the “Vegetarian Powerhouse”.
- Pret a Manger – Very good sandwiches, salads and desserts at this high quality, British chain. Sandwiches and salads are made fresh daily. Anything unsold is given to charity. Try the raspberry bar.
- Shake Shack – This New York City import uses hormone and antibiotic free meat in their excellent hamburgers.
- Sweet Green – I love the innovative and delicious salads at this local chain. Each month that have a special salad. Ingredients are sourced locally whenever possible.
What would you add to this list? Comment below. Thanks!