One of the highlights of my recent trip to Europe was returning to Amsterdam after 15 years. It’s one of my favorite cities in the world. On this visit, I stayed with Erwin, a Dutch guy whom I met on the Couchsurfing website. While I had a nasty cold, I did manage to enjoy the city during my two night stay. Here are the highlights of my brief visit:
- Walking along the canals and admiring the architecture – Amsterdam is a unique city!
- Having tea at the recently refurbished Hotel Europa – loved the view of a canal.
- Shopping for aged Gouda cheese.
- Attending a free flute concerto at the Concert Gebouw – Amsterdam’s gorgeous concert hall.
- Seeing many works of art by Van Gogh for the first time at the Van Gogh Museum.
- Taking a canal ride around the center of Amsterdam. And,
- Staying with Erwin and getting a glimpse of Dutch culture.
Click here to see more photos of Amsterdam.
Planning a trip to Amsterdam? Feel free to contact me. I’d be happy to help plan your trip.