Paris is like eating chocolate, you can never get enough of it! For me, the City of Light is the greatest metropolis in the world (along with New York City). It’s impossible to get bored in Paris – there are just too may delights to savor in the capitol of France. In fact, I canceled my one day visit to Reims as there was too much to do in Paris alone.
In January of this year, I had the pleasure of spending six days in Paris (this was my 5th visit to Paris). I stayed with my good friend, Nasser, who has an apartment in Belleville. This neighborhood is multicultural, trendy and close to the center of Paris. This was my seventh visit to Paris and certainly not my last one. Also, I got very lucky with the weather: partly cloudy and sunny, warm weather almost daily.
Herewith are my top ten highlights of my brief visit:
- Being awed when seeing such icons of Paris such as the Eiffel Tower and the Notre Dame.
- Seeing friends, making new ones and interacting in general with the French.
- Idling in a cafe, having a coffee and watching people go about their business.
- Revisiting old favorites such as the Louvre, Sainte Chapelle, and the Jardin de Luxembourg.
- Dining at Cafe des Musées, Pho Dông Huong, Le Grand Colbert and La Mansouria with my friends.
- Enjoying a hammam at the Mosquée de Paris.
- Checking out the latest bar scene in the Marais.
- Riding the metro – the most impressive and entertaining subway system in the world.
- Impressing the French with my command of their beautiful language (haha!), and
- Staying with Nasser K. – my host and good friend (many thanks Frenchy!).
For more photos of Paris, click here.