London is so friggin amazing! It’s one of my favorite cities in the world. I had the pleasure of staying in the capitol of the UK with two friends, Glenn and James, during my recent visit in January 2012. It was my third visit to London and certainly not my last one!
Here are my top ten highlights of my brief trip (not in any special order):
- Visiting the National Gallery – very impressive museum with an excellent collection of medieval and modern art.
- Enjoying Keralan cuisine at a South indian restaurant (Radha Krishna Bhavan) near Glenn’s home in south London.
- Exploring the Tower of London – really enjoyed the Yeoman’s tour of the grounds. This guy had a great sense of humor!
- Seeing the Princess Di Memorial in Hyde Park – see photo below.
- The water bus ride from the Tower of London to the Victoria Embankment.
- Riding the double decker bus from Kensington to Picadilly Circus.
- Walking from London Bridge to Tower Bridge right after the sunrise.
- James’s excellent English Breakfast.
- Window shopping in Soho and Covent Garden, and
- Staying with Glenn and James in their cozy home (thanks guys!).
For more photos of London, click here.