Wales is a beautiful country rich in history and full of medieval castles. I thoroughly enjoyed my short, five day stay in Cardiff, Wales. Here are my top ten highlights of my visit (not in any special order):
- Reuniting with Mab – my dearest Welsh friend and very talented comic poet
- Visiting Cardiff Castle – especially the excellent guided tour of the house. Click here to read more about my visit to this castle.
- Making new friends including Fiona, Amanda, Edward, Patrick and Andrew.
- Exploring Caerphilly Castle – click here to read my article on this amazing castle.
- Learning a little bit of Welsh history at St. Fagans and learning some Welsh.
- Trying Welsh dishes such as Cawl, Bara Brith, Faggots (liver meatballs) and Welsh Cakes.
- The welsh countryside – beautiful!
- Seeing the musical Oliver – it’s been many years since I read Dickens!
- Walking the streets of Cardiff and window shopping in the numerous arcades that dot the downtown area, and
- The warmth and hospitality of the people of Wales!
Gripes: the weather…Don’t come to Wales looking to get a tan!
I plan on returning soon to this country as I’d like to explore north Wales, visit more castles, hike along the Pembrokeshire coast and of course, see my good friend Mab!
Click here to see more photos of Cardiff.