The following is a list of my favorite spas and baths.
Termas Geometricas – Hot springs complex in souther Chile. Click here to read more about my experience at this place.
- Cagaloglu Hammam – an old, Ottoman style bath house in Istanbul. Click here for information on my experience at this spectacular hammam.
- Standard Hotel and Spa – Superb spa in South Beach. Click here to read my post.
New York City:
- Okeanos – Spa that caters to mostly men on the East side of Manhattan. I love the Platza treatments at this spa.
- Russian and Turkish Baths – Atmospheric series of steam rooms and saunas in this historic complex located in the East Village. I love to relax on the rooftop deck when after a bath. Co-ed on some days.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
- 10,000 Waves – Beautiful, Japanese style baths in the hills just outside Santa Fe. My favorite spa in the USA. Clothing optional.
- Ojo Caliente – Another outstanding spa near Santa Fe which is more popular with families. I love the Arsenic tub (!) and mud bath. At night, I love sitting by the camp fire.